Further resources about depression
For immediate counselling assistance, contact Lifeline on 13 11 14.
If you think that you or someone you know may be experiencing depression, you can, in the first instance, call Lifeline on 13 11 14 to reach their confidential telephone crisis support service available 24/7 from a landline, payphone or mobile.
For help with depression, contact the following:
- SANE helpline - Talk to a mental health professional (weekdays 10am-10pm AEST) https://www.sane.org/get-help
- The beyondblue Support Service provides advice and support via telephone 24/7 (just call 1300 22 4636), daily web chat (between 3pm–12am) and email (with a response provided within 24 hours).
- Lifeline can also supply you with contacts, further information and help
- You can get help from your local GP, Community Health Centre and Community Mental Health Centre
- Community Help and Welfare Services and 24-hour emergency numbers in your local telephone directory
Organisations that can help:
Depression Fact Sheets / Booklets / Publications / Guides:
Helping Someone with Depression:
Online Courses - clinically proven to help:
- Self-help or Supervised By Your Clinician – https://thiswayup.org.au/
Chat Rooms & Messageboard:
Messageboard and chat rooms for Australians living with depression and our family & friends to communicate and share with other people:
- SANE Australia Lived Experience Forum - https://saneforums.org/t5/Lived-Experience-Forum/ct-p/lived-experience-forum
- SANE Australia Carers Forum - https://saneforums.org/t5/Carers-Forum/ct-p/carers-forum
Tools & Apps:
Professionally-reviewed mobile apps and tools to help you look after your health and wellbeing – https://au.reachout.com/tools-and-apps